Sunday, December 20, 2009

What potluck recipes fit these criteria?

Tomorrow, I am going to a potluck. I have been assigned the category of ';fruit/veggie salads';. Other people have been assigned ';veggie entrees'; and ';veggie side dishes, so I'm supposed to stick with salad.





I plan on making the dish 3-7 hours before the actual potluck. I have class right before the potluck and will not be able to go home in between to get my dish, so I will have to bring it to class with me, and so it will be unrefrigerated.





Please answer with one or more potluck fruit/veggie salads that will stay fresh and edible, if I have it with me unrefrigerated for three hours before the potluck. Recipes that are easily transportable are a plus! Answers that more than one recipe are much appreciated!What potluck recipes fit these criteria?
Coleslaw can be unrefrigerated for a while. Shred cabbage, carrots, a red onion and a green apple. Prepare a dressing of vegetable oil and apple cider vinegar with a little dijon mustard, salt and pepper. (NO MAYO !) Search the web for coleslaw recipes, I don't know exact amounts or quantities I just throw stuff together !





Or make a simple vegetable salad like letttuce + celeri + grated carrot + cucumber + halved seedless grapes + green onions. Toss together but don't add any dressing. See if a friend could bring the dressing for you, or stop and buy it on the way after class.





EDIT: Here is a recipe for the slaw I meant, except mine has apple too. http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/鈥?/a>





Dressing should be fine too http://www.motherearthnews.com/Ask-Our-E鈥?/a>





I would seriously see if there was a way for you to make salads in advance and drop them off at someone who will be at the party (a friend or even one of the organizers ) homes before and have them bring them for you. It would be much simpler, you won't have to worry about them going bad or lug big bowls around school.What potluck recipes fit these criteria?
Fruit Salad





1-2 sliced up bananas


1 陆 cups miniature marshmallows


13 陆 ounce can crushed pineapple


2 cups sliced strawberries


1 can drained mandarin oranges


陆 cup sour cream





Mix all ingredients and chill,
Is there any way you can say how many people to serve, and can you use a small 6-pack igloo cooler, or even do you have time to prep this before and mix it together when you get there?????

No comments:

Post a Comment